1. What does "cognitive development" refer to?
Cognitive development encompasses a very wide range of learning. One of the best known theorists on cognitive development is Piaget. 86% of players have answered correctly.
2. One of these is a good strategy for behavior management. Which?
There are many acceptable strategies for behavior management. Positive reinforcement is just one. Incidentally, positive reinforcement doesn't have to involve lavish praise. Often it is sufficient to show approval. 97% of players have answered correctly.
3. Teaching a classroom of children involves just standing at the front and imparting knowledge.
Clearly, at a fundamental level, teaching involves getting pupils to learn. The most important part of a teacher's job (in my opinion) is to inspire the student to become actively engaged in their own learning. 97% of players have answered correctly.
4. A classroom that is noisy is always one that is out of control.
Many lessons involve spirited discussion between students. A noisy classroom often reflects a class of happy, engaged with the lesson, pupils. 94% of players have answered correctly.
5. Music is important to the curriculum. Which of these reasons is often given?
85% of players have answered correctly.
6. What do "fundamental movement skills" refer to?
FMS include static balance; sprint run; vertical jump; catch; hop; side gallop; skip; throw; leap; kick; two-handed strike and dodge. 42% of players have answered correctly
7. What does planning a lesson involve?
Lesson planning involves building on what your students already know and finding a lesson that engages their learning processes. 90% of players have answered correctly.
8. The classroom should reflect the students' interests.
Using your students' prior knowledge and interests creates a sense of belonging within the classroom. It also bridges the gulf between the students' and the teacher's knowledge. 90% of players have answered correctly.
9. A teacher doesn't need to have any knowledge of developmental theory.
Developmental theory (physical, emotional, social and cognitive) provides a foundation for understanding of the learning process and child development. 97% of players have answered correctly.
10. Why is lunchtime important?
Learning does not only take place in the classroom! 89% of players have answered correctly.